Routinely using skincare is of course great for maintaining healthy skin. However, what happens if something goes wrong in our routine? Especially for people with sensitive skin. It could be a new skin problem! To avoid this, it’s better to do some research before using a product. This time Serenitree will discuss 4 skincare mistakes that we must avoid!
Keep reading for healthy skin, Serenitree Squad!
Avoid These Skincare Mistakes
The increasing variety of skincare products can definitely be confusing. Especially when we use several products at the same time. Instead of increasing the risk of skin problems, Serenitree Squad can avoid the following skincare mistakes:
- Use moisturizer once only at night
Whether your skin is oily or dry, moisturizing is a must! But that doesn’t mean you just use it once a day at night. Especially for those of you with very dry skin, make sure to use it twice a day, morning and night.
- Not using sunscreen
As sophisticated as your skincare is, as expensive as it is, it will be useless without sunscreen! Skin that is not protected from the sun’s UV rays will be more prone to premature aging, dark spots, and even skin cancer. Therefore, even when indoors, keep using sunscreen!
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin cells so that the skin becomes brighter and smoother. There are generally 2 types of processes, namely chemical or physical. Excessive exfoliation can cause skin irritation, damaged skin layers and wounds. That’s why always look at the instructions for using the product first before use!
- Overuse of serums and face masks
Everything in excess can backfire on us. In the world of skincare, you shouldn’t try too many products at the same time. Especially if they’re not in the same range! The risk is that certain active ingredients conflict. This can lead to inflammation, irritation and skin burns!
If you don’t want to invite skin problems, Serenitree Squad must always be wise in using skincare. Always do your research, read the instructions and ingredients, and do a patch test. Stay safe and healthy always!
Do This Skincare Routine
Well, we’ve learned what we should avoid! Now it’s time to get your skincare routine right. Make sure to:
- Use moisturizer every morning and night
Moisturizers are meant to keep our skin moisturized and hydrated. With regular use twice a day in the morning and night, your skin will stay hydrated throughout the day. This is especially important for those with very dry skin. Don’t forget to use the type of moisturizer according to your skin type to make it more effective!
- Use skincare followed by sunscreen
As one of the most important skincare products, make sure to always apply sunscreen before traveling. Even when you’re just relaxing indoors. UVA rays from the sun can penetrate windows and doors, so don’t let your guard down! Use a sunscreen product with an SPF of at least 30. Remember to re-apply every 2 hours if you are in direct sunlight.
- Exfoliate according to the rules
Of course, to have smooth and bright skin, we need to exfoliate. However, the process can hurt us with excessive duration. Generally, we can only do physical exfoliation once a week and chemical exfoliation once a month. Be sure to look for signs of incompatibility after use. If negative effects appear, stop immediately.
- Using serums and face masks according to the rules
To prevent skincare ingredients from clashing with each other, always use serums 1 to 2 times a day and face masks 1 to 2 times a week. Try to use a skincare range from 1 or 2 brands only! Using too many different brands will be ineffective!
How about it, Serenitree Squad? How easy is your daily skincare routine! What skincare mistakes have you made?
The information above is just the gist of a good skincare routine. Apart from these tips, there are some important things that are often overlooked! Even though they seem like trivial things, these factors help us improve our skin health!
Here are some things you need to look out for:
- Always cleanse your face properly before using any skincare. Wash your face and do double cleansing with a mild cleanser.
- Use skincare in the order in which you use it! Generally, the order of skincare use starts with cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
- Choose skincare that suits your skin type! There are many types of skincare out there, make sure to find one that suits your skin concerns and skin type so that it can work effectively!
- Store skincare in a dry and clean place, away from the sun or damp places. This way, the quality and hygiene of the product can always be maintained.
- Avoid leaving old products open without using them! First, the risk is that the efficacy of the product can decrease, besides that it is also easily contaminated with bacteria!
- Do not use skincare that has expired. Usually products that have or will expire will experience changes in texture and aroma.
Those are the little tips from Serenitree for proper skincare usage! Are you interested in following Serenitree Squad?