Hi Serenitree Squad! Did you know that animals such as reptiles and amphibians to insects also experience skin peeling? It turns out that humans do too! This exfoliation process is natural because that’s when our skin replaces the old layer of skin with a new one. But if we often experience peeling skin, is it still normal?
Again, there are many factors and consequences why our skin experiences peeling. Especially the parts that are often exposed such as the skin of the hands and arms. Therefore, first understand the process of skin peeling (skin desquamation/skin peeling)!
Why does the skin peel?
Skin peeling can be experienced by people of all ages. Totally normal! This peeling process will generally occur every 3-4 weeks. Its main function is to provide mechanical protection against infection, skin regeneration, wound healing and to maintain the smoothness and moisture of the skin.
Even babies can experience skin peeling although sometimes it is invisible to the eye. Children can still experience this process naturally and efficiently, unlike people who are getting older. As we age, collagen and elastin levels in the skin decrease making it more prone to dryness or peeling. Elasticity also decreases. Not to mention external and internal factors such as:
- Environmental Factors: Excessive sun exposure without protection, humid and dry rooms, extreme weather (too hot or cold), and pollution certainly play a role. Especially for adults who do a lot of outdoor activities and traveling!
- Genetic Factors: If you have hereditary conditions such as acne, dry skin or peeling skin, it’s harder to prevent. We can only treat them well or minimize them to keep our skin healthy. The main key: Be healthy!
- Medication Consumption: Some medications such as acne medications that contain retinoids can cause skin peeling as a side effect. Make sure to consult first or read the usage method before using the medicine!
- Skin Diseases: Other factors causing skin peeling can also be due to diseases such as dermatitis, skin allergies, bacterial infections, fungi, hyperhidrosis, skin cancer, autoimmune or bacterial infections. Diseases like this should be checked directly by a doctor so that they can be cured quickly!
- Lifestyle: Habits such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, stress, lack of sleep, and unhealthy diet can affect skin health. These unstable conditions can make the skin prone to dryness and flaking.
In conclusion, peeling skin is natural! But if it is more than normal aka over peeling then we must be aware and treat it immediately!
Prevention and Treatment of Skin Peeling
Actually, this condition does not require special medical treatment unless there are symptoms such as itching and pain, widespread peeling, swelling or fever. These symptoms, especially if they occur in children and the elderly, should immediately consult a doctor! The doctor will provide appropriate treatment such as topical corticosteroid ointments, anti-fungal or ultraviolet (UV) light therapy and chemical peels.
To avoid that, Serenitree Squad can follow some tips from Serenitree:
- Immediately apply a cold compress on the peeling skin area or take a cold shower.
- Keep your skin moisturized! Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and regularly use body lotion. Serenitree’s body lotion and hand cream can be used twice a day (morning and night) or more if your skin is very dry/peeling.
- Never forget to use sunscreen when doing activities both indoors and outdoors. That way your skin will stay healthy and protected from UVA and UVB.
- Try to choose a soap with natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin. You can try using Serenitree Body Wash brightening and calming variants first!
- Avoid direct contact with chemicals such as detergents and floor cleaners. If you must, be sure to use gloves or other protection to avoid direct contact. Usually such chemicals are at risk of irritating the skin!
- Sterilize the wound and cover with a non-stick medical bandage. Be sure to apply wound medication to speed up the healing process.
- Don’t forget to adopt healthy habits like exercising regularly and avoid things like smoking. Smoking and drinking can accelerate premature aging! We must also keep our mental health in check.
One more important tip, don’t scratch the peeling skin! It may be itchy, but it can irritate and infect the skin. The peeling will get worse!
Serenitree as a Peeling Skin Solution
It is important for us to maintain healthy skin so that all kinds of diseases can be avoided and minimized! Moisturized and healthy skin will avoid scaly, dry and flaky skin conditions.
So, why choose Serenitree? Aren’t there many other Body Wash and Body Lotion options?
The main reason is because all of our skincare ingredients come from nature. Natural ingredients have very little chance of irritating the skin, as there are no chemicals involved. It’s not that using synthetic chemicals is wrong, but large amounts or people with sensitive skin are more prone to negative reactions! That is why we want to reduce that risk first.
Serenitree’s own Body Wash and Body Lotion have ingredients that are really good for dealing with peeling skin:
- Sweet Almond Oil: A skin savior that works to moisturize, smooth and protect skin from free radical damage.
- Shea Butter: Suitable for dry skin and prevents peeling and cracking.
- Vegetable Glycerine: Can relieve irritation and heal wounds on the skin.
- Tocopherol/Natural Vitamin E: Acts as an antioxidant and strengthens skin protection.
These natural ingredients have proven their efficacy and are safe for pregnant women and even children! You don’t need to hesitate anymore, we also have BPOM registration and are cruelty free. For a complete product description, please check the website.
How about it, interested in trying? You can also consult first according to your current skin condition for the most suitable variant. Don’t wait until it’s too late, take care of your skin health as early as possible!