Healthy and glowing skin is everyone’s dream! But to achieve that, we need process, effort and dedication. Every day we have to protect ourselves from free radicals and UV rays, not forgetting the routine of various skincare products. One more important point, this treatment does not only apply from the outside of the body! Have Sereni-Trees ever heard, “we are what we eat”? That’s right, foods for glowing skin do exist!
Along with the right skincare products, incorporating certain foods into our daily diet can have a tremendous impact on our skin. Among the various food options, there are four that are popular for their ability to give our skin a natural glow: nuts, fatty fish, brightly colored fruits and vegetables, and avocados. Let’s explore together how these foods can be the key to achieving naturally glowing and healthy skin.
Nuts are not only delicious as a snack, but they are also a source of essential nutrients that can provide great benefits to our skin health. 3 types of nuts as glowing skin foods include:
- Almonds: Rich in vitamin E, minerals such as magnesium, and antioxidants. Vitamin E helps protect the skin from UV damage and free radicals. The antioxidants in almonds also help keep the skin moisturized.
- Walnuts: Contains omega-3, selenium, and zinc. Omega-3 can reduce inflammation in the skin, while selenium and zinc play a role in the regeneration of skin cells.
- Cashews: Contains copper, iron, and vitamin E. Copper aids in the production of collagen, which is important for skin elasticity, while iron can treat redness and dryness.
Don’t like eating nuts? No worries! We can consume peanuts by roasting them first, making peanut butter or even as a topping for salad and yogurt mixes. How interesting is that! But for those who are allergic to peanuts, don’t consume it, there are still many other options!
In the world of nutrition, we often think of fat as the enemy. In fact, not all fats have negative effects on the body. In fact, these healthy fats can help us avoid the risk of autoimmune diseases, psoriasis, and lupus. This is because the fat in fish contains nutrients such as:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Reduce inflammation in the skin and maintain its moisture and elasticity.
- Proteins: Essential for the formation of healthy skin tissue and the repair of skin cells.
- Vitamin D: Helps regenerate skin cells and maintain skin strength.
Popular types of fish for glowing skin foods include: salmon, sardines, and trout. The way to serve these fish is relatively easy and varied, ranging from being eaten raw (pay attention to the cleanliness, type and quality of the fish to be safer), grilled or boiled. Sounds yummy right? Let’s try it first, there are many easy and delicious recipes that we can find on the internet!
Brightly Colored Fruits & Vegetables
The key to skincare doesn’t always lie in expensive products. As it turns out, the secret to glowing skin is often hidden in various types of brightly colored fruits and vegetables that we often encounter everyday. Bright colors for glowing skin! Some examples include:
- Carrots: Contains beta-carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Beta-carotene can stimulate the production of new skin cells, vitamin A repairs damaged skin tissue, while vitamin C increases collagen production.
- Tomatoes: Rich in lycopene, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Lycopene is an antioxidant that can protect the skin from UV damage, while vitamin K reduces inflammation in the skin.
- Spinach: Contains beta-carotene, vitamin E, and iron. The beta-carotene in spinach helps keep the skin moisturized, vitamin E as an antioxidant protects the skin, and iron helps oxygen flow to the skin cells.
- Blueberries: Rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin C and anthocyanins. These antioxidants help fight free radicals, relieve skin inflammation, and slow down skin aging.
Who would have thought that fruits and vegetables have such amazing benefits! Imagine combining these superfoods with your skincare routine.
For those who don’t like vegetables, don’t worry. We can also consume them in the form of smoothies or cooked first. We can even turn them into a low fat snack!
Avocados are well-known for their positive skincare benefits! This also applies when we consume this fruit. Regular consumption will provide our body with various nutrients such as:
- Healthy Fats: Avocados contain healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fatty acids. These are what will give our skin the hydration it needs to stay elastic!
- Vitamin E: Rich in vitamin E, which acts as a natural antioxidant to protect the skin from free radical damage, helps retain moisture, and supports the regeneration process of skin cells.
- Carotenoids: Contains lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids that can provide protection to the skin from sun damage and help maintain skin radiance.
- Fiber: The fiber content of avocados helps in detoxifying the body and promoting healthy skin from within.
Even more interesting, we can also make homemade face and hair masks from avocados. It really proves how useful avocados are in the world of beauty. What are you waiting for, let’s feel the benefits now! (Note: avocado extract content is also found in the anti-aging variant of Serenitree Hand Cream).
Healthy Body, Auto Glowing Skin
From nuts rich in vitamin E, to fatty fish packed with omega-3s, we’ve explored the top foods for glowing skin. The combination of nutrients they contain can provide the skin with natural protection from damage, keep it moisturized, and improve skin brightness and elasticity.
However, eating these foods is not just for beautiful skin, but also for overall health. It’s important to remember that skin beauty comes not only from the outside, but also from what we consume. So automatically, if we are diligent in maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, and pay attention to the nutrients we feed our bodies, we can definitely achieve healthy and naturally glowing skin. Don’t forget that and strengthen your commitment to invest in your health as early as possible, Sereni-Trees!